Alternative fund strategies
Incorporating alternative funds as part of a diversified portfolio provides investors with the potential to stabilize returns irrespective of the way traditional asset classes move.
- Global-macro - Seeking absolute investment returns, our global-macro focuses on macroeconomic insights to drive directional and relative value in anticipation of price movements. A robust knowledge of developed and emerging markets is central to the way global-macro funds are managed.
- Event driven - Strategies focus on assets allocation with low correlation to traditional markets to limit the effects of volatility in line with positive return profiles. With an emphasis on asset preservation, management styles invest in bottom-up relative value in anticipation of opportunities driven by a range of events.
- Multi-asset Relative - Absolute return strategies with low market correlation. Volatility arbitrage is managed through a multi-asset approach as managers seek to capitalize on relative value movements.
- Commodity Relative - Sustaining returns on investment irrespective of market conditions with low correlation to traditional classes. Active management styles invest in relative value opportunities with a deep knowledge of global commodity market fundamentals.
- Long/Short Equity - Delivery of equity-like returns with a focus on reducing the effects of volatility typically associated with long equity holding positions. Managers focus on diligent asset selection, adjusting balance exposure as markets fluctuate.